Friday 2 June 2017

Clearly Besotted Super Cool card


Hello everyone,

It's time for another challenge over at Simply Create Too, and this time we want to have some summer fun!

Our Blog Badge

Nothing says summer more than a fabulous ice cream cone, so I pulled out some stamps and made my mouth water.


1) Die cut the cone from the Clearly Besotted Super Cool set and stamp with Papertrey Ink kraft ink.

2) Die cut and stamp the scoops of ice cream in appropriate colours. I used PTI sweet blush and aqua mist, along with Elzybells cookie dough.

3) Over-stamp the aqua scoop with the chocolate sauce stamp and emboss with clear powder. I loved doing this - it really gave the look of sauce dripping down the ice cream!

4) Die cut a stitched rectangle from some aqua card, white emboss the sentiment from Clearly Besotted So Sweet 11, and then emboss the panel with the PTI Canvas Impression Plate.

5) Mat the layers onto the base card and arrange the ice cream using some foam tape on the scoops to give dimension.


6) Finish off by adding a few die cut hearts and paint over the scoops with a clear glitter pen to give a frosty look.

Why not visit the Design Team over at SCT to see what summer fun they are having, and join in with us this time.

I'd like to play along with

Shopping our Stash week 305 - You are so sweet

Ooh-la-la Creations Challenge 229 - food or drink

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - use up old stash - I got these stamps in 2014

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

14 comments:

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Carol, lovely pastel colours and super ice cream - I think I might have to indulge in one myself!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sarah said...

Yum!! What a fantastic card Carol, the colours are wonderful, such a fun summery design xx

Cara said...

Brilliant card, especially the chocolate sauce! Hmm, off to rummage in the freezer for an ice cream now!

Brenda said...

Now that is one yummy looking stacked cone Carol! Your card is fabulous and is making my mouth water. lol I just had a yummy ice cream cone yesterday from my local homemade ice cream shop down the road from me. Yep, it's summer and you gotta have some ice cream!!! lol Hugs, Brenda

lauren bergold said...

ohhhhhhhhh that looks YUMMY!!! what a great stamp and die set and you've used it brilliantly! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (sweet!) STASH with us this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Delicious way to SHOP YOUR STASH, that's the kind of ice cream cone I LOVE TO EAT!!
Beautiful colors on the pattern paper and layers, thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you can play again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.DT

Mimi said...

Such a *sweet* clean card... I love your palette! Thanks for sharing at Shopping Our Stash this week.

Cara said...

Back with my DT hat on (and my toffee ice cream cone was yummy!) this is such a fun card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Cara DT x

Unknown said...

Fabulous design on your card, that ice cream looks good enough to eat and its perfect for our challenge over at ooh La La. Good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

Birgit said...

Carol, this card is as sweet as can be! Triple scoops.... yes please!! The embossing on the chocolate sauce looks yummy enough to eat.

Janice said...

Nice work Carol, love the pastel/neapolitan shades! Thanks for sharing your card with us at OLL, Jx

Nora Noll said...

Oh I am loving the colors you used on this. I also like the embossing on the background and your stacked ice cream. Looks good enough to eat!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is super cool!! Right now it's pouring down and coffee is the order of the day rather than ice cream!!

Creating with Susan said...

My mouth is watering too! Love your card!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...