Hello everyone and welcome to the June Watercolour Challenge over at Happy Little Stampers.
Our challenge is an anything goes as long as it's watercolour challenge but each month we have a fun twist for you to try if you want to and this time the theme is Mask.
I really like the look of those mixed media collage type masterpieces that you see around but I never seem to able to pull them off. So I was delighted when I saw the Woodware Love Collage stamp, and couldn't wait to play around for this challenge.
1) Die cut a stitched rectangle of watercolour card and stamp the image on it with waterproof black ink. When it is dry, mask the heart, postmark, eye and the word 'love' using Pebeo Drawing Gum and a paintbrush. Leave to dry.
2) Spray the card with water and then sprinkle some Brushos on before wiping across the card with a damp paintbrush
3) Once the paint has dried, rub off the masking fluid and paint the elements that are revealed.
4) Mount the panel onto some black card and then onto the base card.
5) Stamp and white emboss the sentiment from HLS Bold Birthday Sentiments onto a strip of black card and trim the ends with a corner rounder. Mat this onto white card and raise it onto the panel with foam tape.
6) Finish the card off by adding glossy accents to some of the elements,
Why not pop over to the Happy Little Stampers blog to see the delights that the Team has to show you, and join in with us this time. One lucky winner will receive a $20 discount at the HLS Shop.
Thanks for stopping by.