Wednesday 24 July 2013

Papertrey Ink birthday card

Hello everyone,



Day 13 of the Sumner Card Camp has come round very quickly and for today we were asked to use the same colours and a sketch with a few inking techniques. I made yet another birthday card with sketch 1 this time. I cut a scalloped circle out of the light purple mat and then stamped the mat with Versamark ink and a background stamp. Before stamping, I masked off a little space to put a sentiment. I then cut the scalloped circle again, this time out of dark purple card and inlaid it into the gap so it came further up the card. I stamped one of the PTI Love Tags 2010 onto cream card, coloured it with some Copics and then glazed the hearts with several layers of a glaze pen and stuck it onto the scalloped circle.



I cut  a kraft strip, matted it onto brown card and added die cut letters in several colours to make the word 'Happy', and wrote the word 'birthday'  in the space I had masked off underneath, with a Versamark pen. I added a couple of thin brown strips, top and bottom, and rounded the corners to finish it off.


I wish you could see all the wonderful cards other students are making and putting up in the gallery - it is wonderful to see all the different ways people are approaching the homework tasks.

Once again, thanks for looking in.

Hugs
Carol x

7 comments:

TLady said...

BEAUTIFUL JOB!!!!!!!!:)

Sheri W said...

Very pretty. I like the tree.

Nora Noll said...

Stunning!! I love the images you used on this!!

slang said...

This is a beautiful card and very well done.

Jean said...

Lovely choices - the design nicely spotlights the stamp you chose.

Pia Larsen said...

This is a really prette card. Good work on the sketch.

Anonymous said...

Ooow lovely card Carol, the colour is fab!

Vicki x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...