Wednesday 30 January 2013

Papertrey Ink wedding card

Hello everyone,

Just a quick post to share a card I made for Day 2 on the Online Card Course.

Today we were asked to make the dreaded one layer card and to use a masking technique. I always panic at doing a one layer card because I don't think I can get enough interest on it, but the samples shown by the tutors were so good I was inspired to give it a shot. I made a mask from the Take 3 die from Papertrey Ink and inked up the square apertures with 3 different shades of pink ink. I then over stamped the squares with images from PTI Heart to Heart 9 to make a wedding card and finished off with the sentiment.




I used a glaze pen to highlight the bird eyes and Glossy Accents to give the cake a little zing. I love the way the ink shows through on the cake decorations.


Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Stunning Carol! I am petrified of one layer cards - dont think I've ever made one lol x

Joyce said...

What a great idea for a one layer card. I have that die, and never thought to use it that way. And, those images are perfect, too.

cheryl said...

oh this is just super hun and so effective hugs Cherylx

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol this is fantastic design, love those stamps. Excellent one layer.

cards by cara said...

So beautiful! And what a good use of the Take Three die!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...